The kids and I decided to take a mini trip to my parents house. I know it's only 45-50 min. away but it's summer and cousins live near by and with gas prices... we thought we'd take a few days and just have fun.
We started our adventure on Monday night by picking up g'ma and g'pa at the airport. Their flight was supposed to leave Denver at 5:22 which incidentally was when I thought they were getting to SLC. So by the time we got them at 9:10 since their flight had been delayed our kids were hyper to the gills and beyond excited. They had been so grouchy at home WAITING to go. I finally told them that mom was having a time out just to get away from them :).
They all talked a mile a minute on the ride home, even Abbey, which if you know her well takes FOREVER to warm up most of the time. She told me she was going to be nice this time and WOW she didn't stop.
Porter wanted to watch Yightneen Queen as soon as we got there which was a NO. It was time for bed, so he grabbed the toy car and brought it to be with him. Well at about 5:30 AM both Porter and his car were up and raring to go. AHHHHH this kid never does this. I heard him over there in bed saying. Abbey ni-night, Tucker ni-night, Mama ni-night, Porter awake. And awake he was, not even snuggling in my bed worked. So I figured I should get up with him before he woke up the rest of the house, especially g'ma and g'pa.
Well we were not the only guests I soon realized as I turned on a show for the little guy (CARS if you didn't guess) I could hear a bunch of banging and rustling above my head, and my parents have a rambler which means whatever it was was in the attic. I then remembered my dad barricading it from raccoons recently that they could hear in their bedroom, well I doubt he'll be very excited when he wakes up and I tell him they have moved to the family room.
(dome to find out it was the chimney)
Well that's it for our little mini trip so far considering I should still be asleep like everyone else. Gotta love those cute excited minds right?
No comments:
Post a Comment