Saturday, June 7, 2008

BASEBALL

Today was Tuckers first ball game, he was beyond excited!!! He did however try to sleep in
so he could "have his strength." I wouldn't call 7:30 sleeping in.... but that's just me. All morning it was "is it time to go yet?" it was the same for his first practice. I'm hoping it will lessen the more he plays but I really doubt. (if you look closely at the pictures you'll see he has his tongue sticking out.)

The other team only had 5 players show, do to weather I assume, so they played a bit different and just let everyone rotate through. Not that there was much of an order or anything but it's all just for fun and to teach the kids the basics anyway.
He did get a few hitters in and Tim said he got clocked in the jaw once when he was up at bat. But for a kid who's never played before and seems slightly nervous about a white ball flying at his face I think he did great! He has a great arm on him! He wants to be able to catch it while it's still very far away from his face, he must get that from his mother. He is more than willing to slide into a base if needed which he definitely doesn't get from me.
After his game he asked if we were going to go celebrate. Wow did he think this day was HUGE. Abbey and Porter were content to play at the playground during the game. So I spent most of the time running back and frorth between the sidelines of the field and making sure Porter didn't need a third set of stitches. (I don't know if you can see from the pics but this climbing thing is pretty high up!) I had been to the Dr. twice already this week and didn't want to go again. However that was not to be avoided. This time it was Abbey's turn to go. She has had a cough (so have all the alergy people at our house) and last night it was pretty bad so I gave her some albuterol which seemed to help. But this morning she said "mom remember you said if I didn't feel better you'd take me to the Dr.?" she also asked " do you think the Dr. will be able to help us?" Well by half way through the game I knew the next stop was defintely going to be the Dr.'s office. Abbey had climbed in the stroller to lay down because she was tired. At 10:30 in the morning!!!!

Porter didn't want any help on this crazy thing and he wouldn't stay off of it! So I would just stand near by with my hands under him in case. He only halfway fell once and that was after that cute pic of him and Abbey. He turned that way just after I had taken a picture and asked to "see Porter" and of course I took another since it was so cute! As I helped him move back he slipped a bit but it didn't make him want to stay off that's for sure. It was incredible how good he was at it for such a little guy. (I took this last picture just to freek out the Grandma's)

Tim and the boys dropped Abbey and I off at the Dr.'s office while they and took the car to get inspected. Long story short, she wasn't getting enough air at all. Her blood oxygen level was 86. I nearly started to cry as I saw that number, the levels need to be between 95-100. Needless to say I was glad we were there. He decided that they would do a treatment (nebulizer) and if it didn't help alot then do chest x-rays. The next time her level bounced between 90-92 and she sounded much better to him. So he gave us some steroids and more asthma meds and we wer off. She hasn't needed this kind of stuff since 2 summers ago just before she had her tonsils out. She is feeling much better tonight but she also knew when she needed another treetment. And we got her to bed early.

3 comments:

Sarah Schwartz said...

poor Abbey! I can completely relate. I HATE trying to decide if/when to take my kids to the doctor. On one hand I don't want to be a hypochondriac, but on the other hand you just want to take care of your kids.

I really LOVE that last picture, looking up at the sky. SO COOL! so professional!

Amy said...

i'm glad Porter's game went well, but poor Abbey! I hope she's feeling better!

Brooke said...

Way to go Tucker! I loved the tongue sticking out, you know that makes you run faster. :)