Monday, June 30, 2008

Frazzled and Dazzled

Today by 11:00 I was done! Abbey had her kindergarten check up this morning at 9:30 and we didn't leave until 11:00. Between Porter continuously shutting off the light in the exam room or escaping (he can't open doors at home yet but they had those easy handles) to Tucker reminding Abbey about the shots so she has a good 5 minutes to get worked up about them to Abbey taking 3 times to get a urine sample I was wiped out. There were moments of peace don't get me wrong. Porter enjoyed the book on tractors, but only once. They were just all bored out of their minds and neither of those boys like the unknown so they wanted to explore the whole office. It was uncharted territory that needed to be mapped out for future reference. On the up side I love this new office, they have 2 separate waiting rooms with their own entrances, one for sickies and one for well. I've heard of these but hadn't experienced it yet. So far I think they are a keeper. I really liked the Dr. too. We talked about Abbey's asthma and ideas for keeping it under control.
Since she had her last episode she has been on her meds every day and the difference in her is amazing. She is more full of life, funner to be around, more spunky (not always in a good way either). There are effects I could live with out, like the pinching of her brother, finally defending herself. But she is just so different it's like having the Abbey I always knew was in there but hadn't met yet. If that makes any sense. And the bet part she has been dry for 16 nights!!! For those of you who have never had a bedwetter this is AWESOME!!! We've tried getting rid of the pull-ups before and she'll do about 3-4 nights and then almost every night she'll have an accident and then after a week or so of that it's just not worth it for her or me. She just gets so sad about it, and who needs more laundry? Anyway that is a great perk.
I thought it was just me who noticed these differences but others have too. My aunt Sherrie was stunned when Abbey came and just talked to her out of the blue and told her a story up one side and down the other. She did the same thing with my cousin Shannon using her arms and all sorts of expressions (Shannon re-enacted it for me, pretty funny I must say). They were in shock. Usually when we have a big get together Abbey is very quiet and shy and whiny to me. She clings on me and ignores everyone who tries to talk to her, oh and the world is out to get her too. It isn't very fun, let me tell you. The last 2 we've had since her new meds have been amazing. It's fun to see everyone "meet" Abbey LOL.
I almost fogot the dazzled part. Tucker has been listening to me!!!! okay so maybe it isn't new but I'm trying sooooo hard to comment on it EVERYTIME he does. Poor kids gets noticed everytime he doesn't. And it's not so much that he doesn't listen he just has to argue about why to do whatever it is that has been asked of him. So today i asked him to do something and he said "okay" and did it. SHOCKED. So to reinforce even more I told Tim about it in front of Tucker. Tim said that it must be Larry and said nice to meet you Larry. Tucker laughed at him.
Porter on the other hand... Used up ALL of the syrup luckily on his plate. Dumped his milk on the kitchen floor, not spilled, dumped. (freshly mopped too) and to top it off played in the laundry soap like it was a sand box. THe plus side here is my laundry room which has been bugging me is now spotless, had to be done instead of somewhere on that list of things to do.
Okay so I know this was a boring post but hey this is the only place I'm good at journaling so take it or leave it. :P

1 comment:

Brooke said...

It makes me feel better knowing their really are other people going through the same things I go through!
Well, not the laundry soap deal, but you get the point!
sounds like a fun day ;) I'm glad you survived!