Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The not so great outdoors

We go camping nearly every year with Tim's side of the family for a reunion. We go to the same place they went to with their cousins when they were little so it's fun for them to hand down traditions from when they were kids. We had a new thing this year that we all hope will NOT be a tradition!!!! Sick kids with the stomach flu is NOT fun in a tent I repeat NOT fun. OF course kids get sick at night and not during the day. Tim's sis's little 3 yr old was first just when we were about to put everyone else to bed so they took off to his parents house where their night would be easier. Needless to say about 2 hours later I was JEALOUS of them. Poor little Porter was so sick I spent the night leaning against our air mattress holding him and playing games on Tim's cell phone. Thank heaven for Text Twist!!!! Abbey joined the fun at about 8 AM the funny thing is after her tummy was empty she said I need to go potty and sat up and saw what was all over her shirt, the noise of disgust, astonishment, abhorrence (is that even a word?) was so hilarious I literally busted up laughing. So you know that after freezing my but off because I was out of the bed, holding a sick baby it had to be a good noise to get me to laugh!!!! I thought DUH what did you think would be all over your pajamas?

Okay now the fun, at least the kids had almost 2 whole days of fun, dirt, mud, water before they got sick, I've got tons of pics so I will probably go over board. but I think we will definitely NEVER forget this year!!!

Porter fell asleep just before we left to go home at 4:00PM. We put him on the couch to let him wake up. Well.... he slept until 10:00AM yes all the way through the night, he did get up for little drinks. Then he fell asleep in my arms again at 1:20 PM and slept until 7:30PM a six hour nap after an 18 hour night. He then still went to bed at about 10 PM and slept until 9:30 AM. I have never had someone sleep that much EVER. I think between no naps for 2 days, playing hard and being sick he was wiped out!!!!!

Porter spent a lot of time here in the water, and throwing things in the water, wearing the water, you get the picture.

He also spent a lot of time here in this make shift time-out spot for throwing things in said water

crossing the water to clay mountain

climbing clay mountain

This is clay mountain, Tim and his cousins would come here every year and get the clay and make things out of it. the tradition goes on.

YEAH clay from clay mountain
Monkey Tucky
Oakley and Dayten, the boys made this swing themselves
Porter assisting G'pa


Can't remember who knocked Tim backwards, but I think this pic is funny!!!
We play card a lot if you couldn't tell from all the pics.


Abbey and her adventures, YES she is in there in the middle, one side of our camping spot had a huge mountain side and she would go clear up it! that girl has no fear, and she used to be such a wimp and not dare do anything! click on the pic to make it bigger and you'll see her.
Oakley, Abbey, Camden, Tucker, Dayten, and Porter taking a break, it's hard work getting dirty.

Is Abbey somewhere under all that dirt? I have NEVER seen such dirty little girl shoes, remember my girl is ALL GIRL, or so I thought, she was a maniac up there, it was so fun to see her like that, she is still surprising us with her newness after her new meds. I LOVE it.

Porter fell asleep on my lap, something the busy guys never does. At the time I thought he was crashing and burning, now I'm pretty sure he was just tired from his body starting to get sick.
Abbey waiting for the water to heat up in the trailer so we could bathe her, if you'll notice Porter is in her jacket and she is in his. Hers is the only warm comfy thing I could find in the middle of the night to put on the little guy. She was not thrilled about it in the morning but then stated "well I do like blue"
Me and the little ones waiting for their baths.
Poor little Abbey so sick so we put her in the wagon with lots of blankets to be comfy and wheeled her next to me while we played cards. We didn't want to ride home for 2 hours in the car until we knew the worst of her tummy trouble was gone.
.

2 comments:

Tracey said...

Other then the throwing up, it looks like so much fun.

Brooke said...

I love those dirty little faces. It does look like fun, minus the sick kids.