Wednesday, July 30, 2008

4th of July



I know July is almost over and I'm just now doing the 4th, I can't believe I skipped over it. It's one of my families FAVORITE holiday. I guess we partied so much I was to worn out to post about it. We actually stayed 2 nights up at my parents house and it was a party from the get go. FOOD FAMILY FRIENDS. What more do you need? not much except maybe more FOOD!!!! everything seemed to revovle around food, not a problem!!! After the parade we walked behind the city building to a park and had lunch, it was perfect we didn't have to fight the traffic and the kids played football and baseball. And Porter played puppy with my brother dog, it was hilarious, the people next to us thought we were just weird!!! Porter and the dog each had a plate and were drinking their water. Oh and did I mention SLURPEES!!! another of our fun things of the 4th, but that store is packed that day, I wonder if it's their busiest day of the year?
The fireworks were great!!! My only complaint was that not everyone stood up for the national anthem, that made me a little sad. I just love our country and I'm so greatful to live here. It makes me sad that so many of us are forgetting the little things that make or should I say helped to make this country so great.
All in all it was a fabulous weekend. They even had free bounce toys on the other side of the high school, next year we are going even earlier to play on them more, they were so fun!!! Big enough for adults to go on too!!!!

2 comments:

Dani said...

Sad we missed it. We were enjoying our own festivities, puking and all! Cute pics.

Pieces of Us said...

I just got my invitation to the baby shower next week. Holy cow!! They are SOO cute. You did such an awesome job! I wish I was that creative. I LOVE them! Thank you so much!