The kids were outside helping Tim move the 4-wheelers into the backyard and Porter got into some mud!!! I think the pics explain themselves. He was so mad that his shoes were covered in mud. I should have gotten a close up of them but he was a bit upset. I literally peeled the bud off of his pants, it’s more like clay so it was pretty easy, messy, but easy.

SATURDAY 17TH

Tucker thinks he is the COOLEST! He can drive the little 4-wheeler on his own. They had a few lessons today and he had so much fun!
We burned all the sticker weeds that were in the backyard, it looks so much better and now we don’t fear for our kid’s legs. We got the frame for the trampoline up and went and ordered a new mat for it, it’s a special size so they have to make it to fit. The kids were bummed that it wouldn’t be done today. We also put together a box and bought soil for our garden I’m excited I missed having one last year. Just when I really started to enjoy working in my yard and getting it how I liked it we moved. I really don’t want to spend a lot of money on a yard that isn’t mine so this will be nice (I think we care about it more than the landlords, so sad). We did plant some bulbs a while ago that we found a great deal on and they are starting to shoot up, the kids thought it was pretty cool that they are growing already.
......and now for THE STITCH
So I was washing Porters hair tonight and felt something poke me near the spot of his stitches. I thought it was strange since the scab has completely fallen off. So I rubbed my finger over it again and sure enough there was something pokey there. I leaned over to take a look and I could see a blue dot on his head near the scar. WHAT THE HECK!!!! Well... while in the bathtub is not the ideal time to investigate further, so I waited. I told Tim and he couldn’t believe it either. After the big kids were in bed I convinced him to sit on my lap, separated the hair the best I could since it’s so short and pulled out what I thought was a HUGE piece of , well I guess you’d call it stitching!!! I was expecting a little stub or something but nope it was pretty big, well Tim and I thought so anyway. It explains why Porter has said owie when it’s been touched still, I know it was probably habit and still tender but this was probably a culprit too. I’ve had hair slivers before and they really hurt so I can just imagine that this was painful until the end poked through. Sure glad it was easy to pullout! It really surprised me how long it was!
that's it on the right of the tweezers
6 comments:
Oh my gosh, that stitch! I would have died pulling that out, but I probably would have gotten a perverse enjoyment out of it as well! It's one of my deep dark secrets--I like gross things.
Oh my gosh, that stitch! I would have died pulling that out, but I probably would have gotten a perverse enjoyment out of it as well! It's one of my deep dark secrets--I like gross things.
Oh my gosh, that stitch! I would have died pulling that out, but I probably would have gotten a perverse enjoyment out of it as well! It's one of my deep dark secrets--I like gross things.
Oh my gosh, that stitch! I would have died pulling that out, but I probably would have gotten a perverse enjoyment out of it as well! It's one of my deep dark secrets--I like gross things.
That is sooooooooo long. Poor kid.
There are always adventures with kids, aren't there? At least he let you pull it out!
Post a Comment