Saturday, February 16, 2008

Germs

Our house is full of germs right now!!! We have that nasty virus going around that is "like the flu" but not the "flu." Or at least we think we do. We opted to just assume rather than pay someone to tell us and to infect more people. We are starting to feel slightly more human around here but are still quarantining ourselves so to speak. We are NOT going to share this with our ward tomorrow that is for sure! Tim stayed home for 2 1/2 days this week and all the days seem to blur together.

It was nice having all my family together on Thursday after Wednesday’s fiasco! Tucker slept ALL day (6 hours to be exact) but it was so nice to KNOW where he was and to be able to see him. I held it together pretty good on Wed. and I think that’s because Tim was with me until almost 8:45. And I talked to Tucker’s teacher and my friend talked to the bus driver. After talking to my friend whose kids were on the bus that got routed to the church Tucker had it pretty good. Those kids had a substitute driver who they didn’t know and didn’t know how to tell the police where he was located because he was unfamiliar with the area. And they didn’t know for quite sometime that their kids were still stuck on the bus because their phones weren’t working right and they kept losing cellular service. I’m sooo thankful I had contact with Tim and friends and our parents. And it was nice to talk to Tucker’s teacher too, she is the most amazing person! I love her to death she truly loves her students. I sent her a thank you email on Thursday and she responded saying she was up for 30 hours straight and would do it again because the little ones are so worth it! She said she did break down on Wed. (not in front of the kids) because she was so worried about the little ones still on the bus at 9:00. She also said she was personally going to walk all the kids to the bus on Friday in case any of them were having a hard time. She always goes beyond the call of duty.

Friday my little guy had a hard time going back to school, he tried to play sick. I believed him because Tim and I had been sick (this was before we knew about this nasty virus) he finally told me he was scared of riding the bus again. I understood completely, so we talked about how he had ridden it safely for over 100 days and the storm was just something that didn’t happen very often. “Yeah, once in a lifetime.” He said, wow isn’t he grown up to know that phrase

While I was having my nap on Thursday my sweet Visiting Teacher Sunny Jo brought over 2 pizzas for us. She had dropped by something on Wed for Valentines Day and saw me at my absolute WORSE and insisted she would have her hubby bring home pizza for us. Well... with the lovely weather, that didn't happen and our yummy papa Murphy's pizza were kept nice and cold inside his car until Thurs. What Sunny didn't know was that at one point on Wed. when I was laying there feeling like crap I thought I wish someone would bring us pizza. Can you say tender mercy? So thanks Sunny for being inspired! And the best part is none of us have had a big appetite so we only ate one the first night and now I have a dinner for yet another night, can't get better than that!

2 comments:

Tracey said...

It is so good to hear that someone is looking out for you. Sunny is so great.

Sunny Jo said...

I cant believe that I didn't see this before, I SWEAR I read this post!! Your so sweet Julie, and im going to miss seeing your cute face at church, and being your visiting teacher!! Lets PLEASE keep in touch, and hang out, even after Emily moves(SO SAD)!! PLEASE let me know if you EVER need ANYTHING!!
I'm SO happy you came tonight, It was SO fun!!