
Last night I went to parent teachers conferences. I have to admit it was not what I was expecting. I didn't have the best first few impressions of Tucker's teacher. So when the first thing out of her mouth was that Tucker was the most conscientious second grader she had ever known I was shocked to hear her say it. She said he is constatly holding the door, picking up things that girls have dropped and they look at him like what are you doing I can pick it up myself, and wanting to help people with their jobs. He also does give suggestions and the teacher said smiling Itold the class once that Tucker would be teachig the class next week.
I need to fill in some background info before the story begins.... there is a little girl at their school with cancer and they have been selling wrist bands to earn money for her hospital bills. Now the story. His teacher was telling me how their is another little girl in the class next to Tucker's who is in a wheel chair to get to the bus because she has had surgery on her feet and it takes her to long to walk. She has had many surgery's for her carpenters syndrome which causes her bones to be fused together. Well My little Tucker has made it his mission, without being asked, to get her backpack and take it to the bus and then put it where she is going to sit. Then he helps her out of her wheel chair and up the bus into her seat. He waits for her everyday and does it daily. It has just become normal routine now. He also asked her teacher "why aren't they doing wrist bands for her?" It seemed so obvious to him that if they did it for one little girl to do it for the other. This teacher explained the differences in the monetary costs and that her surgery's weren't as long and what not. I also got a chance to hear from the other teacher who said what really impressed her was that Tucker made the connection. She said her whole class watches out for this little girl and none of them made that connection.
Anyway I just had to share what a special little guy I had. It's amazing what happens at school that you don't have any clue about. I had never even heard about this little girl until last night. So I know my little guy can be as good of a stink as any 7 year old but he's pretty special. Glad I was reminded :-)
7 comments:
That is so sweet. He is such a good example to all of us.
Well I knew he was a great kid from the way he treats Alex. He's such a sweetheart! ANd he'll make a great boyfriend/husband someday! ;)
so cool the teacher surprised you and really knows Tucker.
He really is such a sweet boy!
That is impressive that he does that without his parents telling him to. You know it is kids like him that make school tolerable for kids like Jake. That kid deserves ice cream for dinner.
What a cute boy! It's nice to know that something you're teaching him is sticking, and that he is just a sweet boy too.
come visit my blog, I left something for you.
Post a Comment