Wednesday, October 8, 2008

4 Wheels and mud

We went up to Star Valley for the weekend with Tim's parents.
Here is geiser in Soda Springs we stopped to see. It was shooting off and Abbey, Porter and I had to run past it to get to where you could see it better, we got soaked and as soon as we got past it it stopped shooting. It would have been really funny if it hadn't been so cold.

For a 7 yr old it doesn't get much better than 4 wheels and LOTS of mud!!! Tim and Tucker had sooo much fun. They only road for about an hour but they loved every minute of it! Abbey enjoyed herself painting all afternoon and playing with her dollies. Porter... well Porter is satisfied with his dinosaurs and cars, and the fact that Grandpa was around was a bonus too.
Look at all that mud on the back!!!
Poter is somewhere under that helmet

Abbey next to all her art

When the boys headed out to ride in the morning the tire goop hadn't worked to fix the leak in one of the tires so they headed off to get a new tube for the tire. Porter went with them and loved being one of the big guys. Abbey and I soaked in the tub which she loved since she is a little mermaid.

The weather wasn't super cooperative but I hear it wasn't great at home either. We all had a good time in spite of the weather.


Sat afternoon I took the little kids out for a walk they were getting a little stir crazy. We didn't get far when this HUGE black dog came to say hello to us. He was a nice dog but he was so big that he scared the crap out of my little people that barely came to it's shoulders. I had to hold porter and try to get it to leave Abbey alone. It finally sat down and I told it to stay and we headed back home. We were so close to the farm with cows I was bummed out that our walk was shortened. Tim took them all later on the 4 wheeler to see the place he used to watch them milk the cows. Tucker wanted to know all of the technical stuff of course.


On the way home we stopped at Hooper Springs park one of our favorite places to visit on our drive. It has a fun playground and a spring with natural soda water. If you mix tang with it it is really good. Tucker LOVES it!!!



WARNING tons of pics! I love seesaw pictures!







My cute kids!!

Tuck and porter looking down 1 of those HUGE tires that is balance on 2 others. they are the ladder to get to the slide. Poor Porter was barely as tall as them.



4 comments:

Mindy said...

That looks like alot of fun. I havent been to Star Valley in years, we used to go all the time when I was little. Did Tim used to live there?

Tracey said...

This week I have been thinking about the fall weather in UT and missing it a little bit. That's probably because it has still been in the 90's here.

Pieces of Us said...

It's about time you posted something! I was about ready to call you a blog slacker!!

Looks like you guys had lots of fun. Give those cute kids hugs and kisses for us!

Brooke said...

I love fun family trips! Your kids are getting so grown up. Tucker looks HUGE! Call us next time you come down, I would love to see you.
Love the three of them in that group shot, so cute.