
So I finally pulled out the Halloween box today. Porter was soooo excited helping me pull out the pumpkins and ghosts. For a kid who was so behind he sure has surprised me lately. So we found our beloved little green monster costume that Tucker wore when he was 1 and 2, it is soooo cute. Porter wore it when he was 1 also but wouldn't have anything to do with it last year.
When he saw it he gasped whith excitement and said "my monster!"
I looked at him and said "you wouldn't wear it last year."
"I meant to." he said what did my 3 year old just say? he meant to.
"What did you say?" I asked, sure that I heard him wrong.
"I meant to." he replied like duh mom didn't you hear me the first time.
This little guy has come a long way from speech therapy last Dec. I think he's been observing us and now he's strutting his stuff.
I didn't think it would fit him this year since it's a 12-18 month costume but he insisted on trying it on and I was picking my battles. Well he's so small it still fits, guess we didn't need the dragon after all, who knows what he'll decidde to be, maybe both! He's been wearing it all day!!! even to the bus stop to get Abbey. now he says he's doesn't want his dragon. WHAT? I spend half my day taking the dragon on and off, and the day I hid it (I know I'm mean) I spent all day distracting him from asking about it.
When he saw it he gasped whith excitement and said "my monster!"
I looked at him and said "you wouldn't wear it last year."
"I meant to." he said what did my 3 year old just say? he meant to.
"What did you say?" I asked, sure that I heard him wrong.
"I meant to." he replied like duh mom didn't you hear me the first time.
This little guy has come a long way from speech therapy last Dec. I think he's been observing us and now he's strutting his stuff.
I didn't think it would fit him this year since it's a 12-18 month costume but he insisted on trying it on and I was picking my battles. Well he's so small it still fits, guess we didn't need the dragon after all, who knows what he'll decidde to be, maybe both! He's been wearing it all day!!! even to the bus stop to get Abbey. now he says he's doesn't want his dragon. WHAT? I spend half my day taking the dragon on and off, and the day I hid it (I know I'm mean) I spent all day distracting him from asking about it.
1 comment:
costumes are so fun!
Post a Comment