We really didn't fall off the face of the planet, just moved a few blocks. But obviously it has kept me from blogging. I can't believe it's been almost a month! WOW that is crazy. Well let's see where do I start....
Tim brought home a HUGE (enclosed for those wondering) trailer from someone at work on Monday the 25th of Feb. So that night we loaded up all the storage from the garage and the nights following we would load up whatever I had packed that day. We were loaded up and ready to go by Friday afternoon. We were more packed than the people who were currently living in the house we're in now. We were supposed to be able to move in Friday afternoon but that most definitely didn't happen. Then they told us they'd be out by seven. HAH When we drove by at 7:00 that night with my dad to see if we could unload all the clothes we had in his car they were no where near done. So we threw a blanket in the back of Tim's truck and put the clothes in there so Dad could go home, he had an early day the next day, thanks for you help dad. Anyway Tim and Tuck drove by and hour and a half later and He said it didn't look any different. So we made the best of it by loading the back of his truck further and parking it in the garage. Sat. we took the truck over and unloaded it before the movers and Elders quorum arrived at 9. (which was a good thing considering that nasty storm that blew in that afternoon) When we got back to our house Tim's dad was waiting to hook the trailer to his truck to take on over to our new home. (Thank heaven for Dads!!!) So with Tim at the old place watching the movers I stayed here and bossed Glen, Eric Schriever, Tak Wakimoto, Scott Fox and our new neighbor Mike Teleroli. Glen Huber showed up ready to roll just as they litterally took the last thing out of the trailer. In his defense they had that thing unloaded in 45 minutes! Done by 10AM. It was 28 feet long and PACKED. So Glen took a look around and then I remembered the van so they unloaded that and we were done just in time for the movers to come unload and we had it all here at 11:30 AM. it was unbelievable. We had no food and were hungry but we were here. So Glen (Tim's dad) went and bought some milk and we had scrambled eggs, hash browns (canned potatoes), and pancakes for lunch. It was great it gave us time to unpack some before we were off to do some very NEEDED grocery shopping. So I think that's all of the moving story.
The basement windows were leaking and full of water, that was fun. So we syphoned them out into the drain with hoses and have been doing so since. YUCK but haven't for a few days. The house is almost put together, but is it ever really done? Our food storage needs some serious help but I'm off later this week to buy more at the case lot so I really need to wait so I can put the new in the back and the old in front. Fun for me!
We went to Chuck E. Cheeses last Wednesday for a fun family day. It was awesome. I'll post pics soon. I still haven't gotten my desk area organized, but it's on my LOOOONG list. One tip if you go sign up for the emails there are killer deals. 100 tokens for $10 we didn't even use half of the 140 we had, so next time we can just go and play to our hearts content.
I don't know about all of you but this daylight savings is not my friend this year. My kids have been sooo ornery all week in the mornings and won't go to bed! Tucker will be for sale if he isn't happier tomorrow, so if you are in the market for a very cute 7 year old who is a great worker, too smart for his own or anyone elses good, great with tools, thoughtful (when he wants to be:) ), FUN, loving and snugly (if you can get him to hold still), energetic kid look on Craig's List tomorrow after oh about 9ish. I hope he's not there but who knows.
3 comments:
I'll check Craig's list and he can come live with me. That way you can visit him whenever you want! ;) Daylight savings has been my best friend this year. My kids have been sleeping in, and anything that makes my kids sleep past 5:30 is good with me.
I'm glad that you finall got moved it.
Too funny Julie, about Tucker. Daylight savings has definitely put a crook in our kids too! Glad you're all moved in, hopefully you'll stay there for a while :)
Post a Comment