Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Happy Birthday (thirty something, Tim's new nickname for me)

I had the best Birthday ever! It started out with a delicious brunch which I didn’t have to cook! Wait no it started the night before when I went out to dinner with some fab friends who I will miss dearly (well when it comes to church stuff anyway, but I hope to still see them all!!!) They took me out as a farewell dinner and for my birthday. It was so nice just to sit, eat, talk and have a great time. We went shopping too and I found the cutest dress for Easter, well okay I didn’t exactly find it I was looking for it I knew that target had it because my cute niece McKenna has it for Easter too LOL. Yes and she is 11, and I have the same dress, no I didn’t get it in the little girls department she is just grown up enough to shop in the ladies department. Well we both have good taste is all I can say.
Okay now it started out with brunch made by my cute Hubby and kids, delicious bacon and eggs with toast and OJ. MMMMM Good! Tim asked what I wanted to do, it was my day! I told him I wanted some things in the basement done. He thought I was crazy, but with out those things done I couldn’t get much done the next week and they were things I couldn’t do myself. So he and Tucker went to work, it didn’t take them long at all my great fix-it guys.
While I was in the shower the kids were downstairs playing in the playroom (which was now possible thanks to said job) and Tim was using his laptop. We can hear the kids from our bedroom since there is a cold air return. WELL….. I heard Porter outside of the bathroom door as I got out of the shower and when I opened it up he had a cute little white mustache and white hands. Fear struck me! As a mother I knew it wasn’t going to be good and upon evaluation I was right! It was SUGAR! Yes you read correctly SUGAR!!!! The pantry door had been left open and he had had a grand time playing in the sugar bucket and transporting it into a drawer, the hallway table and even later I saw his semi truck with compartments for cars in Abbey’s room with, you guessed it, SUGAR in and on it and some on the trundle of her bed. AHHHHH it wasn’t the present I was expecting but it sure makes a great story!


The pic of Porter by the dryer was him smiling up at me when I went to get him out of time-out. Who can stay mad at that face?
We then went to Ikea and looked around we even looked at headboards a bit. After that we decided to go to RCWilley and see if they had any headboards. Well the one on 90th had their clearance section back and Tim and I were in HEAVEN!!! And even better there was a headboard we both liked and we liked the price too. So now we have a headboard after 10 years of marriage and I’m ecstatic. It was our late anniversary gift to ourselves. The sides had to be ordered so it’s not put together YET. I’ll post pics when it’s all up and pretty, okay well it won’t be too pretty with the comforter we have right now but you can’t get everything at once!
Then we went to eat at Spaghetti Mama’s and if you haven’t been their I highly recommend it! Their salad dressing is so yummy and I love the mizithra cheese and mushroom sauces I had. As we left Tucker said I thought that said spaghetti mammals! Funny kids, he also thought the menu said slimy fries instead of smiley fries. Good laughs!
(There are pics of Abbey's new bed in the slide show also)

3 comments:

Sarah Schwartz said...

UGH! The sugar mess just makes the hair on the back of my head stand up. I hate it when they surprise you like that. Happy Bday!!!

Tracey said...

Happy Birthday. How fun to find a dress you like and a head board.

Amy said...

I can't wait to see your bed all put together! How fun. Jeremy and I got our first after we moved to this house. It does make a difference. All of the sudden your room will seem so much more cozy.

I would have had a major heart attack to see that much sugar spread all over the house. He really did get it everywhere, didn't he?