As in asthma.
WARNING not the most exciting post
things to be thankful for
1. nebulizer
2. blessings
3. left over steroids
4. air purifier
5. humidifier ( with all those "iers" in her room it was quite noisy)
6. AC
7. Calm husband
8. little girl safe and sound and currently sleeping well!!!!
So with that lovely smoke from the Draper fire our cute little Abbey had her first asthma attack. Well at least that's what we are attributing it to. It was pretty crazy! She showed now symptoms except a slight runny nose just before bed ( which I didn't even know could be a symptom of an oncoming attack) but both Tim and Porter have had a slight cold so I didn't think anything of it.
About 11 I heard the lovely cough that every parent fears to hear from their child whether they have asthma or not. When I got in there she was freaking out. Now that it's over I can compare it to someone drowning. Not a fun thing. So did I stay calm... nope... well not too bad but it took me a minute to realize DUH use the nebulizer that's all the Dr.s would do. She fought it and was so out of it, I don't think she ever really woke up for the first 2 times around. About an hour later we were doing it again. So Tim set me up to sleep in her room, or should i say lay in her room. When she woke up yet again soon after that he came down the hall to check on us and gave her a blessing. She still had a rough night even after that but it was much better. She and i enjoyed watching cartoons from 3-5 AM it was fabulous, but she was much better and that's all that mattered.
When she did wake up this morning i just watched to see how she was doing and she was bouncing off the walls, but hey who wouldn't be if they were on steroids, so I drove her to school and then picked her up again. The buses and open windows didn't sound to good of an idea for her. She hated not being able to go outside today. And tonight it smells worse than it was been, hopefully her body will get better and so will the air quality.
Sorry for such a humdrum post! I wanted to do fun ones with pics last night while I was up with her but my connection was bad :( hopefully soon!
3 comments:
Julie, im so sorry Abbey wasnt feeling well, I hope she is doing ok now.
Well I have added you to my blog list that I finally have up and running, come check it out if you would like. thomasparty.blogspot.com
talk to you soon
Mindy
I finally have a minute to leave you a comment... I check your blog often, it just has been a crazy busy summer and blogging seemed to drop to the bottom... ok totaly OFF of my list of to-do's!:) YOur kids look bigger and I can't believe Abbey off to school... I miss Ridgeline and Traverse but mostly my friends!!! It's good here... just being new is hard and not to many people reach out too busy like us I guess?? :)I have heard that asthma attacks are so scary, I'm glad you all survived the stress and that Abbey is ok! I hope your liking the area your in more and more and just wanted to let you know that I miss you and I miss talking to you so much!! take care -xoxo
That is pretty crazy! I'm glad you knew what to do... after a little freaking out :)
The first day of school pics are so cute.
Post a Comment